How Ex-Barca coach lost her daughter.

The young daughter of ex-Barcelona manager Luis Enrique has died after a battle with cancer.
Nine-year-old Xana had been fighting osteosarcoma (bone cancer) for “five intense months,” Enrique said as he announced her death.
In a tribute on social media on Thursday, the former football manager said his daughter will be remembered “every day of our lives.”
Enrique, who also managed the Spanish national team, wrote:

“We will miss you lots but we will remember you every day of our lives, with the hope that in the future we’ll meet each other again. You’ll be the star that guides our family.
“Rest dear Xana.”

Enrique thanked those who sent well wishes over recent months for their “discretion and understanding”.

 

He also thanked the medical team who treated his daughter “for their dedication and treatment”.

 

Among those to pay tribute to Xana was Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez, who wrote on Twitter:

“There are no words that that can go along with this pain.

“My heartfelt wishes to Luis Enrique and all his family, after the loss of his little Xana.”

Enrique’s former club Barcelona wrote:

“Our condolences and all our sympathy for @luisenrique21 and his family at this very difficult time. RIP Xana.”

Enrique, who played for Barcelona and Real Madrid during his player career, stepped down as Spain’s manager in June.
The Spanish Football Federation said he had left the role due to a “personal matter”.

 

SOURCE:

http://www.msn.com/en-xl/sports/soccer/ex-barcelona-and-spain-manager-luis-enriques-daughter-dies-aged-nine-after-battle-with-cancer/ar-AAGwSM4?li=BBQbcGp&ocid=spartandhp

Advertisements

Why Neymar transfer bid was cancelled?

Barcelona and Real Madrid have both had bids rejected for Paris Saint-Germain star Neymar, according to reports.

Neymar joined the French giants for a world record fee of £200m in 2017 but is looking to leave Thomas Tuchel’s side before the European transfer window shuts on September 2.

Barcelona , the Brazilian’s former club, are interested in a reunion with the 27-year-old, who has also been heavily linked with a switch to Spanish rivals Real Madrid since completing his move to France.

 

And Spanish football expert Guillem Balague claims that both La Liga clubs have made unsuccessful bids for the forward.
According to Balague (via BBC Sport ), Barcelona are believed to offered £92.4million (€100m) and Philippe Coutinho in an attempt to bring the Brazil international back to the Camp Nou.

 

It is claimed that the Spanish champions also raised the possibility of including Croatian midfielder Ivan Rakitic in a potential deal – only to see their attempts rebuffed.

Real Madrid are also understood to have had a player-plus-cash offer rejected which would have seen Bernabeu outcasts Gareth Bale and James Rodriguez head to the Parc des Princes.

Although PSG would reportedly rather sell Neymar to Los Blancos, Balague reports that the French giants want different players from Zinedine Zidane’s squad and have requested that Vinicius Junior be included in the deal.

Since making the move to French capital two years ago, Neymar has scored 51 times in all competitions and has helped the club to back-to-back Ligue 1 titles.

 

NJR 1.jpg

However, the Brazilian’s relationship with the club has soured in recent times as he continues to push for a return to Spain.

He missed PSG’s opening game of the season against Nimes on Sunday, which saw a number of fans hold up a banner telling the striker to “go home”.

The champions’ 3-0 win came just a day after sporting director Leonardo confirmed that discussions over the Brazilian’s exit are “more advanced than before.”

 

SOURCE:

 

http://www.msn.com/en-xl/sports/soccer/psg-make-decision-on-neymar-transfer-bids-from-barcelona-and-real-madrid/ar-AAFOVsx?li=BBQbcGp&ocid=spartandhp

How Neymar made Paris Saint-Germain’s 33-man squad for their pre-season tour of China.

Neymar has been named in Paris Saint-Germain’s 33-man squad for their pre-season tour of China, despite heavy speculation regarding his future.

Thomas Tuchel is taking his team to China from July 23 to August 4 as part of their preparations for the new season, when PSG will look to defend their Ligue 1 title and challenge in the Champions League.

The 27-year-old Neymar has been constantly linked with a return to Barcelona and, more recently, a shock move to Real Madrid, but for the time being at least he remains a PSG man.

 

Leonardo, the club’s sporting director, confirmed over the weekend that they are yet to receive a concrete offer for their flagship star despite weeks of persistent speculation.

While Barcelona fans may have been dreaming of a Messi-Neymar-Griezmann front three, it has been suggested that the signing of the Frenchman from Atletico Madrid makes another huge transfer outlay on Neymar unlikely.

Real Madrid, meanwhile, have emerged as contenders over the last few days after it was reported that they could look to broker some sort of deal with PSG as they look to oust black sheep Gareth Bale.

After the injury problems which kept him out of Brazil’s Copa America win over the summer – their first major title since Neymar’s international debut in 2010 – it is unclear whether or not he will feature in PSG’s upcoming games.

 

The Parisians have friendly matches with to look forward to, before rounding off the tour with the Trophee des Champions against Rennes on August 3.

The match will be a chance for revenge for PSG after their Coupe de France final defeat to Rennes at the end of last season. They were shocked by a 6-5 penalty shoot-out defeat following a 2-2 draw in which Neymar scored.

Currently tied on eight titles each with Lyon, PSG are hoping to become the most successful club in the history of the Trophee des Champions.

Held for the second consecutive year in Shenzhen, China, this year’s match will also mark ten years since the event started taking place outside of France.

Since then, the match has been played in Morocco, Tunisia, Canada, the USA, Austria and Gabon.

PSG strolled to victory last year, thrashing Monaco 4-0.

 

SOURCE:

 

http://www.msn.com/en-xl/sport/football/neymar-included-in-psg-squad-for-pre-season-tour-of-china-amid-transfer-speculation/ar-AAEKGVR?li=BBQbcGp&ocid=spartandhp

Everyone within the club from the manager to the owner knows Paul’s wishes–Raiola

(Reuters) – Manchester United’s Paul Pogba is ready to leave the Premier League side in the summer with a transfer “in the process”, the French midfielder’s agent Mino Raiola told the Times newspaper.

Pogba, who moved to United from Juventus in 2016 for a then-world record fee of 89.3 million pounds, has produced inconsistent displays despite scoring 31 goals in 142 appearances in all competitions.

“Everyone within the club from the manager to the owner knows Paul’s wishes,” Raiola told the Times newspaper.

 

“Everyone knows the willingness of Paul to move on. We’re in the process of that. Everyone knows what the feelings of Paul are.”

British media has linked the 26-year-old World Cup winner with a move to Real Madrid, where he will link up with coach Zinedine Zidane, or a return to former club Juventus.

Pogba had suggested last month in Tokyo that now “could be a good time to have a new challenge somewhere else”.

 

He is currently in New York this week on a promotional tour, with United’s squad set to fly out to Australia shortly for a series of pre-season games that begin next week.

Raiola did not confirm if Pogba would make the trip. “I can’t tell you anything. I live day by day,” he added.

United kick off their new league campaign against Chelsea at Old Trafford on Aug. 11.

 

CULLED FROM:

 

http://www.msn.com/en-xl/sport/football/pogba-determined-to-leave-man-united-says-agent-raiola/ar-AADV2bz?li=BBQbcGp&ocid=spartandhp

How Eden Hazard sealed five-year contract with Madrid.

MADRID (Reuters) – Real Madrid ended their long pursuit of Eden Hazard on Friday when they agreed to sign the Belgium winger from Chelsea on a five-year contract for a reported 100 million euros (89 million pounds), making him their joint-record signing.

Real did not reveal the fee but Spanish media reports said it was the same price Madrid paid for Gareth Bale when he joined from Tottenham Hotspur in 2013, a staggering amount considering Hazard was set to become a free agent in June 2020.

“Real Madrid and Chelsea have agreed the transfer for the player Eden Hazard,” the Spanish club said in a statement.

“The player will be tied to the club for the next five seasons, until June 30 2024.”

The Belgian will be officially presented at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium next Thursday, subject to completing a medical.

 

Hazard, who becomes Chelsea’s most expensive sale, expressed his gratitude to a club where he has spent the last seven years while admitting he had always longed to play for Madrid.

“To my Chelsea friends and family: You now know that I will be joining Real Madrid. It’s no secret that it was my dream to play for them since I was a young boy just scoring my first goal,” Hazard wrote on his official Facebook account.

“I have tried my very best not to distract myself or the team through this difficult period of speculation and media attention, especially the last six months.”

Hazard’s transfer is the latest in a long run of ‘Galactico’ signings made by Real but he is also the first top class player to move to the club since Colombian James Rodriguez in 2014.

ZIDANE ADMIRATION

Real president Florentino Perez said last month that they tried to sign Hazard on several occasions while coach Zinedine Zidane is a long-time admirer of the Belgian, who he named as a “star of the future” in 2010 when Hazard was playing for Lille.

He leaves Chelsea having recently guided the west London club to the Europa League title, scoring twice in a 4-1 win over rivals Arsenal in last month’s final in Baku.

The 28-year-old joined Chelsea from Lille in 2012 for 32 million pounds and won the Europa League in his first season. He also won the Premier League title in 2015 and in 2017 as well as one League Cup and the FA Cup.

He scored 16 goals and created another 15 in the Premier League this season as Chelsea finished third in the table.

“Chelsea and especially Chelsea fans will always be special to me and next season I will look for your results first,” Hazard added.

“I hope that we are drawn against each other in the Champions League next season and every season so we can meet again.”

Hazard is Real’s third major signing as they bid to rebuild their squad after an embarrassing campaign on all fronts in which they ended up without a trophy, sacked two coaches and finished 19 points adrift of La Liga champions Barcelona.

They have already recruited Brazilian defender Eder Militao from Porto for a reported 50 million euros and Serbian striker Luka Jovic from Eintracht Frankfurt for 60 million euros.

Brazilian forward Rodrygo is also due to join Real next season after agreeing a reported 45 million euro move from Santos last year.

 

CULLED FROM:

 

http://www.msn.com/en-xl/europe/sport/hazard-joins-real-madrid-on-five-year-contract/ar-AACzB1H?li=BBQbcGp&ocid=spartandhp

‘It hurts’: Valencia inflict first defeat on Zidane’s new Madrid

Zinedine Zidane dropped Gareth Bale and endured his first defeat since returning to Real Madrid as his side were deservedly beaten 2-1 by a resurgent Valencia on Wednesday.

The last time Zidane left Bale on the bench, the Welshman proved a spectacular substitute against Liverpool in the Champions League final 10 months ago but there was to be no rescue act at Mestalla.

Instead, Valencia surged to a convincing victory, Goncalo Guedes and Ezequiel Garay scoring in each half to leave Marcelino’s team within a point of La Liga’s top four. Karim Benzema headed in a late consolation in injury-time.

“We lacked a bit of spark up front,” Zidane said. “I am not going to criticise my players. They have tried and we played a good team. But losing always hurts.”

After a miserable start to the season, Valencia could yet enjoy a barnstorming finish.

 

Champions League qualification is now within touching distance while a Copa del Rey final against Barcelona and Europa League last 16 tie against Villarreal still await.

“The game played out how we hoped,” said Marcelino. “It was a complete performance.”

For Zidane, after two opening victories, this was perhaps something of a reality check, even if Madrid’s reappointed coach has insisted he is under no illusions regarding the task ahead.

They now trail leaders Barcelona by 13 points, the exact same margin they were behind the Catalans under Zidane at this stage last season.

This was reminiscent too of the limp displays that have undone Madrid in recent months, blunt in the final third, overly-generous in defence and bereft of either snap or spark in midfield.

Bale had started each of Zidane’s first two games, offering hope there might yet be a future for him in the new era, but his relegation to the bench suggests the Frenchman’s old doubts may linger.

Zidane’s press conference on Tuesday had been littered with questions about players’ futures but Raphael Varane and Marcelo both started in defence, as did Keylor Navas, restored in goal ahead of Zidane’s son Luca and the injured Thibaut Courtois.

Valencia were far superior in the first half and the only surprise was that it took 35 minutes for them to score.

Navas punched a corner to the edge of the box where Guedes bounced the ball off Carlos Soler, stopped it and curled between the goalkeeper’s right hand and the near post.

Valencia unleashed a series of efforts in search of a second. Kevin Gameiro headed wide, Geoffrey Kondogbia half-volleyed over and Rodrigo’s bending shot whistled inches past the post.

Madrid had barely featured as Bale came on for Marco Asensio in the 64th minute, along with Isco, who replaced the quiet Toni Kroos.

Bale might have had an equaliser shortly after had it not been for Dani Parejo’s sliding block and then the he sent a sumptous pass to the far post, but it was cleared away from the waiting Benzema.

Valencia should have wrapped it up with 15 minutes left as five sprawled forward on the break but Rodrigo miscontrolled while his cutback was flicked by Soler, harmlessly into the hands of Navas.

If Madrid were more threatening they might have capitalised but there was no counter and instead victory was secured when Garay headed in Parejo’s cross with seven minutes left.

Sergio Ramos had a late penalty taken off him, ruled out by VAR, before Benzema nodded in a consolation in added time. It was too little too late.

 

 

 

Champions League qualification is now within touching distance while a Copa del Rey final against Barcelona and Europa League last 16 tie against Villarreal still await.

“The game played out how we hoped,” said Marcelino. “It was a complete performance.”

For Zidane, after two opening victories, this was perhaps something of a reality check, even if Madrid’s reappointed coach has insisted he is under no illusions regarding the task ahead.

They now trail leaders Barcelona by 13 points, the exact same margin they were behind the Catalans under Zidane at this stage last season.

This was reminiscent too of the limp displays that have undone Madrid in recent months, blunt in the final third, overly-generous in defence and bereft of either snap or spark in midfield.

Bale had started each of Zidane’s first two games, offering hope there might yet be a future for him in the new era, but his relegation to the bench suggests the Frenchman’s old doubts may linger.

Zidane’s press conference on Tuesday had been littered with questions about players’ futures but Raphael Varane and Marcelo both started in defence, as did Keylor Navas, restored in goal ahead of Zidane’s son Luca and the injured Thibaut Courtois.

Valencia were far superior in the first half and the only surprise was that it took 35 minutes for them to score.

Navas punched a corner to the edge of the box where Guedes bounced the ball off Carlos Soler, stopped it and curled between the goalkeeper’s right hand and the near post.

Valencia unleashed a series of efforts in search of a second. Kevin Gameiro headed wide, Geoffrey Kondogbia half-volleyed over and Rodrigo’s bending shot whistled inches past the post.

Madrid had barely featured as Bale came on for Marco Asensio in the 64th minute, along with Isco, who replaced the quiet Toni Kroos.

Bale might have had an equaliser shortly after had it not been for Dani Parejo’s sliding block and then the he sent a sumptous pass to the far post, but it was cleared away from the waiting Benzema.

Valencia should have wrapped it up with 15 minutes left as five sprawled forward on the break but Rodrigo miscontrolled while his cutback was flicked by Soler, harmlessly into the hands of Navas.

If Madrid were more threatening they might have capitalised but there was no counter and instead victory was secured when Garay headed in Parejo’s cross with seven minutes left.

Sergio Ramos had a late penalty taken off him, ruled out by VAR, before Benzema nodded in a consolation in added time. It was too little too late.

CULLED FROM:

http://www.msn.com/en-xl/europe/europe-sport/it-hurts-valencia-inflict-first-defeat-on-zidanes-new-madrid/ar-BBVBvN8?ocid=spartanntp

 

 

MLST SPORT:Real Madrid 3-Liverpool 1:Gareth Bale overhead stunner downs Reds amid Loris Karius howlers after Mohamed Salah goes off injury

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/real-madrid-3-liverpool-1-gareth-bale-overhead-stunner-downs-reds-amid-loris-karius-howlers-after-a3849116.html

 

SOURCE:

https://www.standard.co.uk

 

TAG:

#UEFA Champion League Final 2018#

 

#Sport#

 

#Football#

 

#Real Madrid#

 

#Liverpool#