For more details:
Click on this link:
For more details:
Click on this link:
LOS ANGELES — Eric Holder, the 29-year-old aspiring rapper who is accused of fatally shooting Nipsey Hussle on Sunday, was charged with one count of murder, two counts of attempted murder and one count of possession of a firearm by a felon, during a court appearance Thursday afternoon.
The criminal complaint also includes allegations that he personally used a firearm and caused great bodily injury and death.
Holder was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of killing Hussle and wounding two other people in the attack.
Hussle, a celebrated rapper and community activist, was outside his shop on Slauson Avenue when a man approached and opened fire. Hussle was fatally wounded and two others were also shot. Police alleged Holder had gotten into a dispute with Hussle earlier in the day and returned with a gun and started shooting. He then fled in a waiting car, police said.
Graphic video from a surveillance camera shows a gunman walking up to Hussle and two other men in front of the shop. The gunman opens fire, and Hussle falls to the ground as the other men run from the gunfire.
Holder went by the moniker Fly Mac. He sang of body bags, “38 gun blasts” and bloody homicides. Holder is also believed to be a gang member, LAPD Chief Michel Moore said. But police do not believe the shooting had anything to do with gang rivalries.
Holder was convicted in 2012 of carrying a loaded firearm and was sentenced to 180 days in jail and three years’ probation, court records show.
A two-day manhunt ended Tuesday when a resident in Bellflower told authorities a man matching the description of Holder was walking down Artesia Boulevard. Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputies raced to the scene and found Holder standing in a parking lot of a business.
Confronted by deputies, he offered no resistance and surrendered without incident.
The woman who drove the getaway car turned herself in to authorities Monday and is continuing to cooperate with detectives. She has not been arrested, said Josh Rubenstein, LAPD’s director of communications.
According to two sources familiar with the investigation, the woman has insisted to detectives that she never knew Holder intended to harm Hussle and was aware of the shooting only in the aftermath.
The role of the driver remains an issue of debate in the Hyde Park community where the shooting occurred.
Community activist Najee Ali is calling for the immediate arrest of the driver.
The police officer who pulled the trigger on 36-year-old Kolade Johnson on Sunday, March 31, 2019, boasted beforehand that he was going to “kill somebody here today”, according to Alhaji Remi Lukman, his Dad.
As the police raided the Onipetesi, Mangoro Bus Stop neighborhood in search of one Ismail Folorunsho on March 31, 2019, Johnson was among the crowd who repeatedly assured the officers of Folorunsho’s innocence.
The police officers then shot sporadically to disperse the crowd. One bullet caught Johnson. He would not recover, even after he was rushed to a nearby hospital.
“My son was murdered here at about 4:30pm by so called anti-cultism unit of the police force. I want it to be relayed, to be passed over to people just as it happened”, Lukman said in an interview he granted Punch.
What I really need are two things: One is immediate. The other is procedural.
“The immediate one is a police report to enable the mortuary collect the corpse. The second, procedurally, is justice over the death of the boy. I want those responsible to be fished out. To be brought to book. To serve as a deterrent to committing such act. These youths are the future leaders of Nigeria…..”
Lukman said the policeman who pulled the trigger was a bloodthirsty, trigger-happy one.
“The act was carried out willfully after the policeman said he was going to kill somebody here today. And he actually killed somebody. That was the statement from the mouth of the man that fired the shot. He thereafter shot in the air and two stray bullets were directed at the crowd”, he said.
Lukman said Nigeria needs “a more organised police force. A police force that will dutifully handle their jobs, that has the interest of the people at heart”.
A healthcare system in shambles
One eyewitness has narrated that Johnson could perhaps have been saved if Nigeria’s healthcare was anywhere near decent.
“When we brought him here (General Hospital), there was no Doctor on duty. Only a Nurse who touched him lightly and went back inside. When Johnson died, we took him to the morgue. Imagine that when we got to the morgue, we were asked to rent a stretcher because we were told we couldn’t just lay the corpse on the floor. Inside a federal government hospital!! We paid for stretcher, we paid for everything! Every gaddem thing!” the eyewitness said.
The Nigerian Presidency has sent a condolence message across to the bereaved.
Arrest of suspects
The police command says it has arrested the officers responsible for Johnson’s death. The alleged perpetrators are members of the Special Anti Cultism Squad (SACS).
In a Tweet, the police said: “The men suspected to have carried out the shooting of Kolade Johnson have been apprehended and subjected to internal disciplinary procedures. The CP (Commissioner of Police) has revealed their names as (1) Insp Ogunyemi Olalekan and (2) Sgt Godwin Orji attached to Anti Cultism Squad”.
Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Zubairu Muazu, has paid a condolence visit to the family of the late Kolade Johnson.
Muazu reassured the family that justice will be done.
While receiving the police boss, Alhaji Lukman was quoted to have said: “I thought it is going to be one man’s fight, but seeing the police high command joining our family in this fight has shown that justice will not only be done to Kolade but to the entire Nigerian youths.”
Unending cases of Police Brutality
Police brutality and killings are commonplace in Nigeria, Africa’s most populous nation, where young men are randomly stopped and harassed on the streets by police officers, on suspicion of being internet fraudsters.
An intense 3-year social media campaign calling for the reform of notorious police unit—Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS)–has only resulted in lukewarm action from the presidency.
The death toll from an alleged terror attack on a tram in the Dutch city of Utrecht rose to four on Thursday after an injured man died in hospital, prosecutors said.
Prosecutors have already said that a Turkish-born man previously identified as Gokmen Tanis has confessed to terrorist-related offences over the gun rampage.
“One of the seriously injured victims of the fatal shooting in the tram on 24 Oktoberplein in Utrecht died today of his injuries. He was a 74-year-old man,” a prosecutors’ statement said.
“This means that the 37-year-old suspect of the fatal shooting on March 18 is now suspected of four-fold murder or manslaughter with a terrorist objective, attempted murder and a threat with a terrorist objective.”
Another seriously injured victim remains in hospital while a third injured person has returned home, prosecutors added.
The investigation continues and a court will decide at the end of next week on the alleged gunman’s further detention, the statement said.
Prosecutors said on Friday that Tanis had confessed to terrorist charges over the rampage, and said he acted alone. Several other people were arrested but released.
Dutch authorities previously said they were probing whether Tanis “acted out of a single terrorist motive or whether from personal problems in combination with radicalised ideas.”
Thousands of Dutch mourners including Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte took to Utrecht’s streets on Friday evening to pay their last respects to the victims of the rampage.
Rutte tweeted on Thursday about the “immensely sad news that one of the victims of the attack in Utrecht died.”
“We all feel the same as last week: disbelief, impotence and also anger. Our hearts go out to the relatives. I wish them much strength,” Rutte said.
If the suspect is eventually convicted of terrorism offences it will be the worst terror attack in the Netherlands, which has until now been spared the kind of large-scale attacks that have rocked its European neighbours.
However there have been a series of recent scares. In August, a 19-year-old Afghan with a German residency permit stabbed and injured two American tourists at Amsterdam’s Central Station before being shot and wounded.
In September, Dutch investigators said they had arrested seven people and foiled a “major attack” on civilians at a major event in the Netherlands.
Michael Bever, now 19, and his older brother Robert killed their parents and three siblings in a murder spree in 2015.
The South American country’s murder rate has increased significantly over the last year, with tens of thousands dying.
The judge says Kamande had displayed “manipulative” behaviour that included accessing the victim’s mobile phone.
Police looking for Shane O’Brien say he was flown out of the UK on a private plane and has been travelling “extensively”.
For more details:
Visit this link: