Vincent Enyeama plans retirement.

Former Nigeria internationaVincent Enyeama has confirmed plans to retire from football at the end of the 2019-20 season.

Although he is yet to find a new club since he left Lille in August 2018, the former Super Eagles captain who retired from international football in October 2015, is hopeful of playing again when the winter transfer market opens in January.

Since he kicked off his professional career at Ibom Stars in 1999, Enyeama enjoyed tremendous success on the international scene and at the club level with Nigeria clubs Enyimba and Heartland, Isreali Premier League sides Bnei Yehuda and Hapoel Tel Aviv and in the French Ligue 1 with Lille.

 

Aside from his laudable role in Nigeria’s triumph at the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations, the shot-stopper was named the Caf Champions League Player of the Year twice (2003 and 2004), the Footballer of the Year in Isreal in 2009 and he was also honoured as the best African player in the Ligue 1 in 2014.

“If I find a good project or a good team that wants to give me the opportunity, why not? I still want to play, I still love the sport but then, at a point, you need to know when to say stop,” Enyeama told Get French Football News.

“For now, that point has not arrived for me so I will find something. This is the last year of my professional career. Yes, by June that will be it. I’m waiting for the January window to come now.”

The 37-year-old had a brief training with Dijon during the summer and he has stated why he did not seal a deal with the Stade Gaston Gerard outfit.

 

“I think it was misinformation from their end and a mistake reporting it as a trial because I was not there for a trial,” he revealed.

“They told me Vincent come let’s see you play, let’s assess your fitness level because they have not seen me play for a while.

“I told them they know my qualities already so why the trial, they said they just want to see if the surgery I had will let me play well again.

“I was there and everything went well and for some reasons the deal did not happen, I did not know why and they did not tell me.

“It is probably the details were not clear enough and they wanted a goalkeeper that will start on the bench, a second choice.”

 

SOURCE:

 

MSN

President Muhammadu Buhari commiserate with the families and associates of Mobolaji Johnson.

President Muhammadu Buhari has sent a condolence message to government and people of Lagos state over the death of the first Military governor of the state, Brigadier-General Mobolaji Olufunso Johnson (rtd).

The late general breathed his last on Wednesday, October 30, at the age of 83.

Legit.ng reports that the president, through a statement issued on Thursday, October 31, by his special adviser on media and publicity, Femi Adesina, described the deceased as a thoroughbred military general.

 

The president commiserated with family members, friends and associates of the former governor, who, according to him, had a distinguished career in the Nigerian Army, starting out as a cadet in 1959 and retiring in 1975.

The statement read:

 

“As the first governor of Lagos state, which was then the Federal Capital Territory, President Buhari affirms that Brigadier-General Johnson laid a solid foundation for the development of infrastructure in the state and provided a good framework for the civil service.

“The president notes that the late Johnson’s footprints in promoting education and building durable health system will always be remembered.”

 

President Buhari, therefore, prayed God to accept the soul of the departed, while calling on all leaders of the state and citizens to uphold the legacies of discipline and selfless service bequeathed by Brigadier-General Johnson.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that political leaders in Lagos commiserated with the family of late Johnson.

 

SOURCE:

 

MSN

Rapist escapes into Ebonyi Govt House

A 19-year-old man, Ojukwu Chika, on Tuesday, escaped while policemen were taking him for arraignment in Abakaliki, Ebonyi State.

The suspect, our correspondent gathered, first appeared in court on Tuesday, for allegedly raping a 15-year-old girl.

It was further gathered that he escaped into the premises of the Government House in Abakaliki and the policemen searched for him to no avail until another security personnel on duty inside Government House spotted him and handcuffed him.

 

 

The security personnel, it was learnt, demanded to know his mission and where he was headed for before handing him over to the police.

The police prosecutor, Inspector Edet Effiong, said the accused committed the offence for which he was to be first arraigned on October 16, 2019, at Umoghara village in the Ezza South Local Government Area of the state.

He was re-arraigned on Wednesday before the Abakaliki Magistrates’ Court on one count of unlawful escape from police custody.

According to the police prosecutor, the offence is punishable under Section 135 (a) of the Criminal Code Law, Cap 33, Vol. 1, Laws of Ebonyi State of Nigeria, 2009.

 

The first charge read, “That you, Ojukwu Chika, on October 16, 2019, at Umoghara village in the Ezza South Local Government Area of Ebonyi State, in the Abakaliki Magisterial District, did have an unlawful sexual intercourse with a 15-year-old girl, thereby committing an offence punishable under Section 34 (2) of the Ebonyi Child Right Law and Related Matters, 2010.”

The new charge read, “That you Chika Ojukwu, on October 29, 2019, at the Abakaliki Court gate in the jurisdiction of this honourable court, did unlawfully escape from police custody, while being taken to court for arraignment, thereby committing an offence punishable under Section 135 (a) of the Criminal Code Law, Cap 33, Vol. 1, Laws of Ebonyi State of Nigeria, 2009.”

The Chief Magistrate, Ruth Nwali, directed that the case file be transferred to the Director of Public Prosecutions in the state for necessary action.

She remanded the accused in the Nigerian Correctional Centre, Abakaliki, and adjourned the matter till December 30, 2019, for hearing.

 

SOURCE:

 

MSN

What a surprising twist to Internet fraud in Nigeria.

n a surprising revelation, Ibrahim Magu, the acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), has revealed that mothers of internet fraudsters, locally known as ‘Yahoo boys’ have formed an association in Lagos.

The EFCC chief disclosed this at the commission’s Lagos Office during the ongoing EFCC stakeholders conference on crusade against cybercrime fraudsters, The Nation reports.

Going further, Magu revealed that the Lagos state office of the anti-graft agency has since January this year made 300 cybercrime-related arrests and also secured 200 convictions.

 

Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that a group, Nigerians Against Corruption (NAC) urged President Muhammadu Buhari to re-appoint Ibrahim Magu for another four-year term.

Going further, the group noted that the EFCC’s collaborative efforts with the FBI resulted in over 200 arrests, 130 convictions and the recovery of a large number of proceeds of crime.

Magu is currently approaching the end of his tenure as the acting chairman of the EFCC.

 

SOURCE:

 

MSN

Starting my November with Appreciation.

I cannot in anyway overlook or look down on the contribution of many people to the journey of my life.

I have been made to be what I am today by the efforts of many people around me.

 

The virtual world and space has become a reality to me as it has been another world,another family and another means of being with people of great minds and means.

 

Taking a census of the number of followers that was added to my list of followers in the last month going to 57 great minds,I can not be ungrateful in any means but to spend the first day in the month of November to appreciate both the old followers and the new ones.

 

My blog space still desire more of our contributions,and it is spacious enough to accommodate more viewership, readership and more followership.

 

Therefore,no follower or intending followers will be castigated or treated as persona non-grata.

 

Everyone is important on my blog and everyone has an equal opportunity to be part of a global family that will end up shaping the fate of the world we are living in.

 

No doubt about it,the world of ours need us and at every point in time, we should endeavour in our own little capacity and means to stand for whatever will be an addition to the existence of humanity.

 

“Human existence needs more positive contributions and vibes from each and every one of us and the one of the ways this can be achieved is for each and every one of us to cultivate a habit of appreciating contributions made by people around us.”

 

 

app 2.png

 

It is on this assertion that I platformed my line of thoughts this morning on leveraging on the beginning of a new month to appreciate everyone who has been a part of my success story been a blogger.

 

My aim and objectives of having a blog space is yet to be fulfilled and far from the target but I am grateful for the numbers of people who has been spending part of their tiomes and moment in checking on the little contributions my blog space has been able to make in the time past and now.

 

I will forever be a learner, so I am open-minded to any form of contributions,suggestions,discussions that can be an addition to me because I am wired for more improvement in the course of my journey in life.

 

Once again,I am grateful.

 

HAPPY NEW MONTH.

 

©Mlstcommunications 2019.