How disgraced millionaire in the US commits suicide in Jail.

Jeffrey Epstein, the disgraced millionaire who was facing federal sex trafficking charges, died by suicide Friday night in his Lower Manhattan jail cell, three law enforcement officials told ABC News.
The exact timing and circumstances were not immediately clear.
Epstein, 66, was set to stand trial next year for allegedly sexually abusing dozens of minor girls in New York and Florida.

 

His death came less than three weeks after he was found unresponsive in his cell at Metropolitan Correctional Center in Lower Manhattan, with marks on his neck that appeared to be self-inflicted, sources told ABC News.
He had been on suicide watch since the July 23 incident.
Epstein was arrested on July 6 for alleged sex trafficking of minor girls at his Upper East Side mansion and his home in Palm Beach, Florida. Some of the charges date back to the early 2000s.

 

Epstein, 66, pleaded not guilty to the charges. He faced up to 45 years in prison if convicted.
His alleged crimes were thrown back into the spotlight amid renewed scrutiny of the plea deal Epstein reached with the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Miami in 2007, led by then-U.S. Attorney Alexander Acosta. A non-prosecution agreement allowed Epstein, a hedge-fund manager, to plead guilty to two state charges and avoid federal charges for an allegedly broad pattern of similar sexual misconduct. He would serve just 13 months of an 18-month sentence in county jail in Florida.
The victims in that case were not made aware of the negotiations for nearly a year after the agreement was signed, according to their attorney.
The deal is currently under review by the Justice Department’s Office of Professional Responsibility. Acosta was serving as President Trump’s Labor Secretary amid the controversy over his role in the deal. He later resigned from that position.

 

SOURCE :

http://www.msn.com/en-xl/northamerica/northamerica-top-stories/jeffrey-epstein-accused-sex-trafficker-dies-officials/ar-AAFCGBo?li=BBQbcGp&ocid=spartanntp

 

 

 

Advertisements

Legal battles brewing between Parliament and Law Society of Kenya(LSK) over Chauvinistic behavior exhibited by the Parliament.

A fierce legal battle is brewing between Parliament and Law Society of Kenya (LSK) over the conduct of business that is now becoming a game of wits after Kwale Woman Representative Zuleikha Hassan was shown the door from parliamentary proceedings on Wednesday.

In a press statement issued on Friday, August 9, by clerk of the National Assembly Michael Sialai replying to LSK’s press statement, both have gone for each other’s collar with each side claiming the other is irresponsible and urging each to mind about their businesses.

Sialai told off LSK arguing that of late it has abrogated itself to the power of policing Parliament even when no law has given them that imagined role and that why don’t they allow their lawyers to conduct businesses as each one wishes.

But in an exclusive interview with Ganze MP Teddy Mwambire differed with Sialai sharply terming it chauvinistic behavior which has sunk in Parliament and there should be proper laws to determine what happens if a male MP is left with suckling kid.

“A kid is born out of men’s contributions, why are we burying our heads into the sand,” Mwambire noted.

 

Even as the clerk and Mwingi Central MP Charles Nguna termed Zuleikha’s bold move as gross misconduct and appalling, LSK is now calling the legislative house to lead by an example of morality.

“It is unfortunate for LSK to issue an alarming statement without ascertaining facts on what transpired in the chamber on August 7. We note with regret that of late LSK is becoming busybody to say the least,” read Sialai’s statement.

The society condemned removal of the lawmaker from the House sessions demanding apologies from MPs to Zuleikha and the society.

In a statement issued on Friday, August 9, LSK said the MP and her infant were handled in an inhumane manner and there was need to address the rights of breastfeeding mothers to work.

On a quick rejoinder, Sialai confirmed Parliament had facilities for lactating members and staff with a baby care unit.

“Parliamentary Service Commission has gone out of it’s way to treat all members equally and provide services and facilities that uphold the Constitution, dignity and rule of law to the members and staff,” he said.

He further added the standing orders of the assembly obligates the speaker of any house of Parliament to order any member who conducts himself or herself disorderly manner to get out of the chambers.

The society issued a stern warning to Parliament demanding it to be at the forefront by providing conducive work environment to it’s breastfeeding staff.

This comes barely seven years after PSC passed a bill in August 2013, which required government institutions as well as private firms to set a lactating room for breastfeeding mothers, travel with their care givers when going for sittings and meetings besides a room.

 

 

SOURCE:

 

http://www.msn.com/en-xl/africa/kenya/parliament-lsk-go-for-each-others-throats-over-zulekha-hassans-baby-drama/ar-AAFBhfo?ocid=spartandhp

 

El-Zakzaky’s medical trip given conditions by Kaduna State Government.

The Kaduna State Government on Wednesday gave seven conditions to the embattled leader of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria, known as Shi’ite, Shiekh Ibraheem El-Zakzaky, and his wife, Zeenat, for their travel to India for medical treatment.
A Kaduna State High Court presided over by Justice Darius Khobo on Monday permitted the IMN leader and wife to travel to India for treatment following injuries they sustained during the IMN’s clash with the Nigerian Army on December 15, 2015.

 

The state government, which on Tuesday said it would appeal the ruling, however, said on Wednesday that it would not seek a stay of execution because it believed that people should have access to medical treatment.

According to the statement, the conditions to be met before the Shi’ite leader and his wife could travel included the confirmation of “his appointment with the hospital by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs; an undertaking by the defendants to produce two prominent and reliable persons as sureties, one being a first-class chief/emir of national repute and the other a prominent person within Kaduna State, who shall undertake to produce the defendants whenever they are needed.”

The statement added,

“The Federal Government of Nigeria shall obtain from the Government of India an irrevocable guarantee that it will not entertain any application by the defendants/applicants or any third party seeking asylum under any guise.”

 

Meanwhile, Shi’ites on Wednesday accused the Nigeria Police Force of holding on to the corpses of 12 of its members who died in course of the July 22 bloody clash between the group and security agents in Abuja.

The couple’s lawyer, Femi Falana, SAN, however said he was not part of arrangement and lacked the backing of any law.

“A party in a case cannot dream of some weird ideas parade them as an agreement and impose same on a court and the other parties,” he said.

He noted that the Kaduna State Government had probably shelved the idea of appealing against the Monday’s ruling of the court on the grounds that “the Court of Appeal has ruled that you cannot stay the execution of orders of this nature.”

 

SOURCE:

 

http://www.msn.com/en-xl/africa/nigeria/kaduna-gives-conditions-for-el-zakzakys-medical-trip/ar-AAFveYo?ocid=spartandhp

JOSHUA VS. RUIZ JR WEIGHTS & RUNNING ORDER — FightPost: MMA & Boxing News

JOSHUA VS. RUIZ JR WEIGHTS & RUNNING ORDER Heavyweight sensation makes US debut at Madison Square Garden DOORS 16:30 BOXING STARTS 16:45 8 x 3 mins Super-Welterweight contest SOULEYMANE CISSOKHO 156.8 lbs v WLADIMIR HERNANDEZ 162 lbs (Bagnolet, France) (Denver, Colorado) 17:00 EASTERN: LIVE ON SKY SPORTS BOX OFFICE 17:30 EASTERN: LIVE ON DAZN 12 […]

via JOSHUA VS. RUIZ JR WEIGHTS & RUNNING ORDER — FightPost: MMA & Boxing News