Why Prince Charles and Camilla are visiting New Zealand?

WELLINGTON (Reuters) – Britain’s Prince Charles and his wife Camilla will visit New Zealand in November, the South Pacific nation’s prime minister said on Friday.

It would be the pair’s third joint trip to the country, having last visited in November 2015.

“The Prince of Wales has been a strong advocate for the environment, conservation and sustainability for many years,” Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said in a statement.

 

“This visit will provide opportunities for him to engage with New Zealanders on those subjects, and to learn more about the ways in which New Zealand is preparing for the future,” she added.

Ardern said that the visit was still in the planning stage and further information on dates and itinerary would be released closer to the time.

 

Charles’s son Prince William visited New Zealand in April to honor the victims of mass shootings at two mosques in Christchurch, while Prince Harry and his wife Meghan visited the country during a tour of the Pacific in late 2018.

 

SOURCE:

 

http://www.msn.com/en-xl/europe/life-arts/prince-charles-and-camilla-to-visit-new-zealand/ar-AAETEav?li=BBQbcGp&ocid=spartandhp

Advertisements

Lopez co-stars with Cardi B, Keke Palmer and Constance Wu in Godmother.

Jennifer Lopez and STXfilms are reteaming for The Godmother,a movie based on the true-life Colombian drug lord Griselda Blanco.

Lopez will star as Blanco and produce alongside Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas, Benny Medina and Julie Yorn. It’s understood Lopez could make her directorial debut with The Godmother, though she has not yet committed to helming the project.

The screenplay was written by Regina Corrado and Terence Winter.

 

“I’ve been forever fascinated by the story of Griselda Blanco and jumped at the chance to play her onscreen. She is all the things we look for in storytelling and dynamic characters — notorious, ambitious, conniving, chilling,” Lopez said in a statement.

 

Winter, Alex Pettyfer, Alex Brown and Rick Yorn will executive produce The Godmother, which chronicles the notorious drug lord who outsmarted rivals as she rose from an impoverished childhood in Colombia to become a key figurehead in Miami’s drug trade wars.

STXfilms and Lopez earlier collaborated on the romantic comedy Second Act, which earned $72 million at the global box office, and the upcoming Hustlers, which opens Sept. 13 after a world premiere at the Toronto Film Festival. Lopez co-stars with Cardi B, Keke Palmer and Constance Wu.

 

JLO

 

 

 

 

Lopez previously starred on the big screen in The Boy Next Door, Monster-in-Law and The Wedding Planner,among other films.

On TV, she has produced and served as a judge on the dance competition show World of Dance.

Kate Vorhoff is overseeing The Godmother on behalf of STXfilms.

Lopez is repped by CAA and managed by The Medina Co. Winter and Corrado are repped by CAA.

 

SOURCE:

 

http://www.msn.com/en-xl/northamerica/life-arts/jennifer-lopez-to-star-in-produce-true-life-drug-lord-drama-the-godmother/ar-AAETa2S?li=BBQbcGp&ocid=spartandhp

Why Nigerian Singer was jailed by EFCC?

Nigerian entertainer popularly known as Tuesday Cruise has been arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for internet fraud. According to reports, Cruise whose real name is Pal Gagiyouwe Thankgod has been sentenced to six months imprisonment.

The 25-year-old was arraigned on July 24, 2019, by the Uyo Zonal Office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on a one-count charge.

He pleaded guilty to the charge, and in view of his plea, counsel for the EFCC, Adebayo Soares prayed the court to convict and sentence him accordingly.

 

The charge reads:

 

“That you, Gagiyouwe Pal Thankgod (alias Chris Henry) on or about the 11th day of July 2019, in Nigeria within the jurisdiction of this honorable Court, fraudulently impersonated one Chris Henry by using his email address cchrishenry560@gmail.com with the intent to obtain money, property or any advantage from one John Smith and other unsuspecting persons, the pretence you knew to be false and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 22 (2 ) (b) (ii) & (iii) of Cyber Crimes (provision, prevention, etc) Act, 2015 and punishable under Section 22 (2) (b) (iv) of the same Act.”

At the time of his arrest, a laptop was found on him and a forensic analysis of it led to the retrieval of various scam documents, which the convict admitted to have sent out to mainly female foreign nationals with the aim of fleecing them of their hard-earned money under various disguise.

 

SOURCE:

 

http://www.msn.com/en-xl/africa/nigeria/nigerian-singer-tuesday-cruise-bags-jail-sentence-over-yahoo-yahoo/ar-AAETofp?li=BBQbcGp&ocid=spartandhp

How Mother Teresa’s Assistant died.

Mother Teresa’s former assistant has died from injuries he sustained following an alleged attack in in Swansea city centre.

Mark Bloomfield died in hospital after he was found injured near the Full Moon Pub on the city’s High Street.

The 54-year-old’s family said he was a charity worker who had worked all over the world including as a special assistant to Mother Teresa in Calcutta.

“Mark Bloomfield built a legacy that will continue to live on in the countless lives that he encountered,” they said in a statement. “As special assistant to Mother Teresa in Calcutta, he was an essential contributor to her mission and to those she cared for.”

 

“In India, he organised free cataract surgery camps and founded schools that gave rare access to education for girls. In Africa, he helped preserve wild game by introducing ultralight aircraft to combat the onslaught of poachers.

“He will be remembered for all of this and more by his mother and three siblings.”

 

 

MT 1

 

They added that Mr Bloomfield would continue to have an impact on others’ lives as a registered organ donor.

South Wales Police are investigating the incident linked to his death and are appealing for information.

Colin Thomas Payne, 61, from Swansea, is currently remanded in custody having been charged with causing grievous bodily harm

A 21-year-old man and a 50-year-old woman were both arrested in connection with the matter and are currently released under investigation.

 

Detective Chief Inspector Darren George said:

 

“My sincere condolences are passed to Mr Bloomfield’s family, after he sadly passed away as a result of his injuries. A major incident room has been set up at Cockett Police Station and I am keen to hear from anyone who was inside the Full Moon Public House on High Street, Swansea, between 11.30am and 3.15pm on Thursday July 18, and who may have witnessed an altercation taking place.

“I am also keen to hear from anyone who was on High Street later in the day, between 2pm and 3.15pm, who may have witnessed an incident outside the Full Moon Public House.”

He added:

“No matter how insignificant your information or content may seem, please do come forward as it could make all the difference to the investigation and to the victim’s family.”

South Wales Police can be contacted via 101, quoting occurrence 1900262179.

 

SOURCE:

 

http://www.msn.com/en-xl/europe/top-stories/mother-teresas-assistant-dies-after-street-attack-in-wales/ar-AAESIS9?li=BBQbcGp&ocid=spartandhp

Why NANS shut down South African Businesses in Nigeria?

Some members of the National Association of Nigerian Students in Benue State, on Thursday, took to major roads in Makurdi in protest against the inhuman treatment of Nigerians in South Africa.

The students also locked up the offices of some companies linked to South Africa operating in Makurdi.

The students marched to the MTN and DSTV offices as well as the Shoprite mall in the state capital and shut them down.

The protest was led by the zonal deputy national coordinator of the association, Owoicho Aba.

Aba, who decried the killing of Nigerians in South Africa, noted that the students would not allow South African businesses to run in Nigeria.

He said the students had been mandated to close down all South African businesses in Nigeria, including MTN, DSTV and Shoprite.

 

According to him, if Nigerian businesses cannot enjoy the peace and support that South African businesses enjoy from the Federal Government, the only reasonable thing would be to close down all South African businesses in the country.
Aba stated,

“It is very painful to see that the citizens of a country, which supported South Africa to attain freedom are being massacred. Nigeria fought hard to stop apartheid and now, the South Africans are paying us back with evil.

“We will not allow any South African business to thrive until a concrete arrangement is put in place to guarantee the safety of Nigerians in South Africa. We want to draw the attention of the international community to the dastardly act of killing Nigerians in South Africa.”

An MTN manager, Vera Obe, who spoke with the students, expressed the organisation’s concern over the killing of Nigerians in South Africa.

She assured the students that actions were being taken to nip the ugly incident in the bud.

 

SOURCE:

 

http://www.msn.com/en-xl/africa/nigeria/students-protest-killing-of-nigerians-in-south-africa/ar-AAESRCg?li=BBQbcGp&ocid=spartandhp

 

 

Super Eagles star buys new G wagon for his wife as birthday gift — www.Mlst.blog

Super Eagles midfielder Wilfred Ndidi has exemplified one of the qualities of being an husband after buying a new G wagon for his wife Fortune as gift for birthday. Ndidi and Fortune dated for many years before they recently married in a big traditional and church wedding held in Abuja. The wedding was attended by […]

via Super Eagles star buys new G wagon for his wife as birthday gift — www.Mlst.blog

See Nigeria Player who missed AFCON 2019. — www.Mlst.blog

LAGOS, June 10 (Reuters) – Nigeria have cut Leicester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho from their final 23-man squad for the Africa Cup of Nations, which starts in Egypt next week. Iheanacho was the only major omission by coach Gernot Rohr, who retained 15 players from the squad that went to the World Cup in Russia […]

via See Nigeria Player who missed AFCON 2019. — www.Mlst.blog

How Prince Harry retraced his mother’s footsteps today.

Prince Harry retraced his mother’s footsteps today as he put huge grins on poorly children’s faces at the same hospital Diana visited 30 years ago.

The Duke of Sussex was met with cheers as he arrived at Sheffield Children’s Hospital and stepped out of his car into the baking sunshine where throngs of people were waiting for him.

Once inside, the playful duke left youngsters in fits of giggles – including one who he had a tug of war competition with.

 

He was then seen looking lost in thought as he studied a book of photos showing mum Diana’s visit.
The Princess, dressed in red, is seen chatting to staff, as well as a mum and her young baby.

Harry smiled to himself as he flicked through the pages.

He then signed the same visitors’ book she wrote in on November 29, 1989.

The hospital visit is the first of three engagements in the city for the Duke today.

The 34-year-old is officially opening a new multi-million pound wing at the hospital and rolled up his shirt sleeves as he took a tour and met children on one of the new wards.

 

He looked happy and relaxed as he showed off his paternal side while chatting to the youngsters, including schoolboys Heath Keighley, 11, and Alfie.

Harry, who welcomed son Archie with wife Meghan Markle in May, couldn’t hide his delight as he spent time with Noah Nicholson and his mother.

He left the 23-month-old in fits of giggles as he put a blanket over the toddler’s head.

At one point, playful Noah – who was fascinated by Harry’s beard – was seen trying to put his finger in the Duke’s mouth, much to his amusement.

Harry then continued to pull a number of silly faces before even having a tug of war contest with Noah and the blanket.

He also clutched the toddler’s hand and tickled his stomach.

Outside the hospital, he spent time speaking to more children who he shook hands with and bent down to speak to.

After this stop, Harry visited Sheffield Hallam University to learn about their commitment to applied learning in teaching and research.

He saw a demonstration of a virtual reality rehabilitation project, which uses technology to make it easier for amputees to train themselves to use prosthetic limbs.

He also viewed a racing car built by engineering students and recently raced at Silverstone.

Harry, who is patron of the Invictus Games Foundation, will later visit the English Institute of Sport Sheffield.

He will watch the trials and meet athletes hoping to be selected for the Invictus Games The Hague 2020.

 

SOURCE:

 

http://www.msn.com/en-xl/europe/life-arts/prince-harry-retraces-dianas-footsteps-as-he-makes-kids-smile-at-hospital/ar-AAEQyYF?li=BBQbcGp&ocid=spartandhp