50 BEDTIME NUGGETS–FIRST EDITION.

You can have this in your library at a token.

 

 

 

mock01 (1)

 

With just $3.

 

For further information on how to get it:

 

Contact the author.

Advertisements

Oge Okoye explains why she visited church of pastor who faked resurrection

Popular Nollywood actress, Oge Okoye, who was trolled for visiting controversial South African pastor, Alph Lukau, has broken her silence.

The actress who has been off the movie scene explained that she visited Mr Lukau because of her aunt who is bed-ridden

Her response comes barely 24 hours after a video of her receiving a prophecy from Mr Lukau went viral.

Mr Lukau recently became popular after he was exposed of faking a resurrection miracle in his church.

Oge revealed that her mum told her about the YouTube channel of AMI church (Mr Lukau’s church) and planned to visit the church because of her aunt who she said is a cancer patient.

 

She also said she went with her aunt’s photograph to Mr Lukau’s church.

The 37-year-old actress also revealed that she visited Mr Lukau’s church in October 2018 and not recently as widely purported.

She wrote, “Due to my mum’s age, I didn’t want her making that long journey from Spain to South Africa so I requested for my aunt’s pictures and promised her that I would visit the church so I can stand in for her as a point of contact. That was how I visited AMI on Sunday, 16th of October 2018, last year.

“Go on YouTube and see for yourselves. Please Nigerians, is anything wrong in seeking the face of God or standing in the gap for my sick aunt? How gullible can people be? Why fabricate stories?”

The leggy actress also said she is saddened by the false news being bandied about her.

 

CULLED FROM:

 

Oge Okoye explains why she visited church of pastor who faked resurrection

Buhari launches pension scheme for artisans, tradesmen, others

President Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday in Abuja, launched the Micro Pension Plan (MPP), where he personally registered Sagir Shawa, a Keke NAPEP operator in Karu area of Abuja.

This was even as he reiterated the commitment of his administration to address all pension issues inherited from previous administrations.

The MPP, an initiative of the National Pension Commission (PenCom), aimed at providing pension services to self-employed persons in the informal sector and employees of organisations with less than three staff is expected to mobilise about N3 trillion savings from the informal sector into the N8.6 trillion pension assets of the country.

 

Buhari explained that the initiative aims to capture those not fully covered in the pension scheme. He said, “In the past, we provided loans to farmers; the MPP is the natural next step.”

He urged trade associations, Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) in the informal sector to join hands with the government in enlightening their members to embrace the scheme.

Speaking at the formal launch of MPP, acting Director General, PenCom, Aisha Dahir-Umar, explained that the micro pension launch was part of an initiative to bring financial inclusion to all working Nigerians.

She noted that the informal sector constitutes an estimated 69 million workforce in the country and represents an estimated 88 per cent of Nigerian workers that lack pensions and safety nets for their old age.

Dahir-Umar said the goal of the Commission was to achieve coverage of 30 million people in the informal sector by 2024. She said from 2004 to date, the nation’s pension scheme has impacted Nigeria’s economy with assets currently worth over N8.74 trillion.

 

According to her, “the formation of long term domestic capital, represented by the over N8.74 trillion worth of pension assets as at January 2019, belonging to 8.46 million formal sector participants, is slowly but surely changing Nigeria’s financial landscape. This, by extension, is also transforming the course and pace of our socio-economic development. For instance, N6.51 trillion, representing 73 per cent of the total pension assets is invested in Federal Government securities issued to finance various activities of government.

“Thus, in the area of infrastructure alone, the pension funds invested about N95.31 billion in the N200 billion Sukuk issued by the Federal Government. Similarly, out of the N10.67 billion Green Bond issued by the Federal Government, pension funds invested N7.19 billion.

Consequently, we believe that the enlistment of the informal sector into the pension savings net would boost the quantum of available long term investible funds that would galvanise national development efforts.”

Dahir-Umar described the scheme as a unique financial product, which democratises the savings culture in Nigeria in a systematic and efficient manner.

 

 

CULLED FROM:

 

http://www.msn.com/en-xl/africa/nigeria/buhari-launches-pension-scheme-for-artisans-tradesmen-others/ar-BBVn5Zx?li=BBQbcGp&ocid=spartandhp

Fourth victim of Dutch tram shooting dies in hospital: prosecutors

The death toll from an alleged terror attack on a tram in the Dutch city of Utrecht rose to four on Thursday after an injured man died in hospital, prosecutors said.

Prosecutors have already said that a Turkish-born man previously identified as Gokmen Tanis has confessed to terrorist-related offences over the gun rampage.

“One of the seriously injured victims of the fatal shooting in the tram on 24 Oktoberplein in Utrecht died today of his injuries. He was a 74-year-old man,” a prosecutors’ statement said.

“This means that the 37-year-old suspect of the fatal shooting on March 18 is now suspected of four-fold murder or manslaughter with a terrorist objective, attempted murder and a threat with a terrorist objective.”

Another seriously injured victim remains in hospital while a third injured person has returned home, prosecutors added.

The investigation continues and a court will decide at the end of next week on the alleged gunman’s further detention, the statement said.

Prosecutors said on Friday that Tanis had confessed to terrorist charges over the rampage, and said he acted alone. Several other people were arrested but released.

Dutch authorities previously said they were probing whether Tanis “acted out of a single terrorist motive or whether from personal problems in combination with radicalised ideas.”

Thousands of Dutch mourners including Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte took to Utrecht’s streets on Friday evening to pay their last respects to the victims of the rampage.

Rutte tweeted on Thursday about the “immensely sad news that one of the victims of the attack in Utrecht died.”

“We all feel the same as last week: disbelief, impotence and also anger. Our hearts go out to the relatives. I wish them much strength,” Rutte said.

If the suspect is eventually convicted of terrorism offences it will be the worst terror attack in the Netherlands, which has until now been spared the kind of large-scale attacks that have rocked its European neighbours.

However there have been a series of recent scares. In August, a 19-year-old Afghan with a German residency permit stabbed and injured two American tourists at Amsterdam’s Central Station before being shot and wounded.

In September, Dutch investigators said they had arrested seven people and foiled a “major attack” on civilians at a major event in the Netherlands.

 

CULLED FROM:

http://www.msn.com/en-xl/europe/top-stories/fourth-victim-of-dutch-tram-shooting-dies-in-hospital-prosecutors/ar-BBVmVO1?ocid=spartanntp

 

Westminster stabbing: armed police swoop on Regent’s Park mosque after man knifed to death nearby

Armed police have swooped on a mosque in central London in the hunt for suspects after a man was stabbed to death near Regent’s Park.

The Metropolitan Police said a man was found with stab wounds in Elmton Court, Cunningham Place, Westminster, at about 6.15pm on Thursday.

He was treated at the scene before being taken to hospital, where he later died.

Images circulating on social media showed police at London Central Mosque following the incident.

 

Scotland Yard said the incident was linked to police activity at the mosque, where pictures showed and eyewitnesses described a “huge police presence”.

The force said the attack was not terror related.

 

 

BBVm5lO

 

John Stealer, a taxi driver who drove by the scene, told the Standard: “I could see a massive police presence outside the mosque and I could hear the helicopter above.

“I could see the flashing lights from a distance.”

Another witness told the Standard gates around the mosque were locked and there was “a mass of people” outside.

Large police presence at the Regent’s Park mosque in London. pic.twitter.com/vUdCN8adLy

— Simon Jones (@SimonJonesNews)
March 28, 2019
A Metropolitan Police statement read: “Police were called at 18:15hrs on Thursday, 28 March to Elmton Court, Cunningham Place NW8 following reports of a man having been attacked.

“Officers attended with LAS.

 
“A male [no further details] was found suffering from stab injuries. He was treated at the scene before being taken to hospital, where he sadly died.

“Enquiries continue to trace the suspects, who fled the scene. There have been no arrests. ” crime scene is in place.”

 

CULLED FROM:

http://www.msn.com/en-xl/europe/top-stories/westminster-stabbing-armed-police-swoop-on-regents-park-mosque-after-man-knifed-to-death-nearby/ar-BBVmVOF?ocid=spartanntp